The Ghana Recycling Initiativeby Private Enterprises (GRIPE)
The Ghana Recycling Initiative by Private Enterprises (GRIPE) is an industry-led coalition formed under the Association of Ghana Industries (AGI) with a stake in the plastics sector to integrate sustainable waste management solutions, particularly around plastics.
Improving the Plastic Waste Value Chain
Public Campaign and Education in partnership with organizations such as Environment 360, UNDP, Asaase Radio and digital nationwide campaign.
Community Plastic Buyback Events in Accra and Kumasi
- Permanent Community Plastic Buyback Centre in Jamestown, Accra
- Drop off Bins at Selected Total Ghana Filling Stations (Irecycle project)
- Post-Consumer Sachet Water Collection (Project Tricycle)
- Inclusive Collection project at Old Fadama
- Annual School Recycling Competition
Sorting Center in Tema Newtown (Pick It Project)
- Shredding and Processing plant in Katamanso (Cash It Project)
Plastic modified Concrete pilot in partnership with EAP Consult, CSIR-BRRI and Ghana Standards Authority
Meet Auntie Litta
Auntie Litta is the embodiment of the Ghanaian citizen who understands and cares about the environment. She is also very concerned about the state of waste and its management in the country.
Get instant updates on all our projects and events.